Tuesday, January 26, 2010

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/image/id/17682/headline/More%20cowbell/
The above is a link to today's front page on the local paper. I can't say it's terribly flattering picture, but we have been the only people with cowbells at the games. It's because of me and the cowbelss that last night's game was as terribble as it was... it was the one game I sat behind the glass and didn't have my cowbells going. The cowbells make the kids laugh at the embarrassing guy who is following them... it helps them relzx and have fun. That loss is squarely on my shoulders.

Today's game however, that's a different story. They are definitely coming out of their funk but not totally for this game. It was a hard one to lose... I'd love to say more but I don't want to sound like a sore loser nor put a target on my team's back by anything that someone else just might read. Not worth it. Happy to say though, the lads are on the reight track.

Tonight we made the pilgrimage to Dave's Pizza. Yes the famous Dave's that is owned by Pete, Pete Fenson {in James Bond talk}. The pizza is really good and I am not just saying that. I bought a couple of t-shirts. When you see me wearing mine, know that I bought it to embarrass my youngest son. He told me distinctly not to buy that shirt.... hmmmmm, what to do? My child is going to need the work of a good therapist to work through his childhood! They can thank me later.

We have not had much of a chance to see the sights yet. Life has pretty much been the curling club, like that's new. It is cold here... I mean really cold. A my father used to say, it's colder than a witch's mammary gland in a brass lifting device. There is something particularly uncivilized about getting into your car and having to scrape the windshield on the inside... I HATE THAT!!! There is a solid sheet of 1" thick black ice everywhere. We could curl in the parking lot if it were level. Oh wait, this is Minnesota, it is flat. I know we have dear friends who are from the Prairie and love it... good on you. I am still a Northwest boy and always will be.

Our first game tomorrow is at 8am. That's 6 back home. It should be finished up about the time most of you get to work. No excuses for not working tomorrow.

Take It for Granite,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment